Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Babysteps Crafter


Sorry I've been a bit quiet of late. The last few weeks have been a big learning curve for me. I started learning how to sew and crochet. Today, I had my second sewing class at Thread Den where we learned how to insert zips and buttonholes. I found it a lot harder than my 1st class where we made a purse. It can be quite frustrating when I'm not sure what I'm doing but I've decided to get over my fears and just do it anyways! The teacher was great and very patient with everyone. So that's been a lot of fun. I think I'll feel really happy when I've completed a garment. My ultimate goal? I would love to make my own winter coat.

Tonight I'm continuing my crochet lessons with my mum. I've been watching the 'learn how to make granny squares' videos over at Meet Me at Mike's which are helping me a lot (Thanks Pip!). I am making a scarf which I'll post on here when I'm finished.

In a way it's kind of funny I'm only just starting to learn how to sew and crochet. After all I did own a crafty clothes store in Melbourne up until last year! I think I never thought I could do it and so I never even tried. Silly really, isn't it? So now I'm trying and I'm enjoying the sense of accomplishment I feel when completing a crafty project. ^_^ So to all you people out there that don't think you're crafty- I say GIVE IT A GO! It's all babysteps, baby! Are you learning a new craft? I would love to hear all about it. Please feel free to leave a comment below.

Talk soon!

3 comments:

Earl-Leigh said...

I'm trying to teach myself to crochet by watching YouTube videos. It's been an epic fail so far, but I won't be defeated. LOL.

The Market Roll said...

hey there..
I thought you might be interested in our new site.

It's called The Market Roll and it's all about Melbourne art/design/craft markets.

It has slight twist.. come and say hello..

http://www.themaketroll.com.au

The Market Roll said...

that would be...

http://www.themarketroll.com.au