Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Do What You LOVE: Kristin Hove



I first found out about Kristin Hove via Pip from Meet Me at Mike's who mentioned her cookbook, 'Collected' on her facebook page. I immediately went onto Kristin's website and fell in love with all the beautiful food photos, clever recipe ideas and the stories behind them. Kristin answered some questions for us below.


1. Tell us about 'Collected'. What made you decide to publish your own cookbook and the story behind the name?

Collected is a book with recipes and some handy tips from friends that I've met along the way. The name Collected is about collecting something from people that I've connected with and who have inspired me. My goal for this book was to make something dedicated to these people, and to capture the memories for myself. I didn't really plan to publish it, just to print a few copies for friends and family. It's all very exiting that other people like the concept.

2. What type of recipes can we expect to find in your cookbook?

You will find salads, soups, stews, desserts and nibbles, all from my friends favourite recipes. They are fun and practical and good for busy bees.




3. What's been your favourite thing and biggest lesson/s from creating your own cook book?

My favourite thing was to learn photography and to be able to convert ideas into something real. There has been a lot of lessons learnt while making this book, e.g. that things take longer than you expect, and that simple is often better.

4. What inspires you?

I get inspired from movies, a day in the city, untraditional polaroid and film photography, the Frankie magazine, food blogs like Sweet Paul and Sunday Suppers, hidden bars and restaurant with a concept and a soul, creative music videos and people's ideas and thoughts.



5. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?

Maybe a cool artist like Lykke Li or Karen O

6. Have you any plans (personal or business) that you can share with us about your future plans/ goals/ lifetime goals?

In the future I would love to be able to keep creating and to explore new things. My goal is to stay happy and keep doing things that I love!

My blog is on www.kristinhove.com
The book is on sale at www.collected.no
My e-mail is kristin@kristinhove.com


Kristin's cookbook can be found on sale online at collected and through selected bookstores.

Kristin kindly provided the recipe for "Kladdkaka" below which is from the Collected Cookbook.


Hardly Baked “Kladdkaka"

from Johanna
makes 9



Since Johanna left Sweden she has been trying to find the perfect “kladdkaka”, a Swedish chocolate cake. She has been unsuccessful and the solution was to bake it herself, and I’m lucky enough to be able to share the recipe here with you - Kristin


100g butter
4 tbsp cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour

Melt the butter and add cocoa. Stir until smooth. Add the sugar, eggs and flour, stir until the mixture is even. Pour the mixture into 9 baking cups and bake in the middle of the oven on 200oC for about 11 minutes. The middle of the cake should still be creamy. Let the cakes cool, then put them in the freezer. Take them out about 10 minutes before serving. This way the cake is still creamy but stays together.
Serve with kiwi, berries and ice cream. Yummy!

No comments: