Thursday, July 1, 2010

What's Inspiring Me: First Kiss Zine



Do you remember your First Kiss? I had forgotten, until I read this zine called First Kiss and it took me on a journey down memory lane. I remembered school camps, collecting The Babysitter's Club series, taping Aqua on the radio and all this other stuff that I hadn't even given an iota of thought to since I was 12 years old.

This is the best thing I have read all year!!

First Kiss has all the qualities of a good book:

1) Serious laughing factor
2) Total page turner (this zine was in my hot little hands from the time I was waiting for my naan bread for dinner at the indian takeaway until the time I was saying goodnight to a friend on facebook chat)
3) Exciting character development
4) And MOST IMPORTANTLY, it made me think about first kisses.

To be completely honest, I don't really remember my very first kiss.
But what I clearly remembered was a first kiss I gave to someone who was very very special in my life. Without going into too much detail about all my personal stuff-
reminiscing about this incredibly awesome and wonderful moment in my life
suddenly erased all this embitterment that I carried in my heart for so long.

First Kiss is available now here.

The stories inside First Kiss are contributed by lots of interesting people including:

Gavin McInnes(the co-founder of Vice Mag and blogger for Street Carnage)
Jon Caramanica (music writer for The New York Times)
Tavi Gevinson (blogger for Style Rookie)
Leslie Arfin (Dear Diary and Vice)
Brendan Donnelly (designer/ artist/ writer)
Spencer Tweedy ( blogger and the son of Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy. He is only 14 yrs old!!!)
Isabel Slone (blogger for Hipster Musings)


So yeah!
Read First Kiss and get enlightened!
It will change your life. And your heart.

d

No comments: