Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What's Inspiring Me. Slow Readers Book Club



Ooh, as mentioned in an earlier post below I've decided to join the Slow Readers Book Club. What is that, you say? To find out more about the history of the book club check here.While reading the lovely blog of Much Love (which you also must check out) I found out about this book club which was created by a group of bloggers at the beginning of this year. The book club is entitled, "Slow Readers" based off of the Slow Movement, "a cultural shift toward slowing down life's pace."

They've just started a new book:

The People of Paper by Salvador Plascencia.

I just read a review of his book here and it sounds pretty good. I've never joined a book club before and have been meaning to get back into reading. Apparently almost 600 people have already joined the club. I think it would be so much more fun reading along with other bloggers and hearing their perspectives of the story. Sounds good, doesn't it? Yay! I think you should all read it too, if you would like. ;)
Important links for SRBC:
readers forum / Twitter / Facebook

Info and Image 1 via Our City Lights
Info about the Slow Readers Book Club and Image 2 via Down and Out Chic

2 comments:

muchlove said...

Yay! Welcome to the club!! :D
I just started the book myself, and so far it's looking very interesting indeed.

thanks for the little shout out too ;)

xx

i like you said...

I just got the book yesterday and have read the prologue and a bit of the 1st chapter so far. even the imagery on the table of contents page looks interesting. did you read/ or would you recommend either of the 1st two books that were chosen previously?