Friday, December 11, 2009
3 Things to do in Melbourne this weekend
1. 'i like you!' is having an Xmas Garage Sale tomorrow Saturday 12th Dec from 11am - 6pm.
Location: rear backyard of 'i like you' shop, 80 Johnston St Fitzroy Vic. 3065
We would love for you to come down and check out our new + 2nd hand independent local fashion, jewellery, shoes, books, mags plus more more more! Come say hello to the i like you girls and grab yourself a christmas bargain.
The front shop will also be open with lots of ideas for handmade, cute, quirky presents for you and your loved ones. We also have
* lovely New summer dresses by Ella just in
* The latest Summer editions of 'World Sweet World' Mag and 'Peppermint' Mag (full of crafty goodness + eco-friendly ideas)
* Frankie Mag 2010 Calendar (selling FAST!), Frankie Photo Album Book, Frankie Afternoon Tea Book (selling FAST!)
* adorable NEW Made With White jewellery
* gorgeous Shabana illustrated necklaces
* tattoo inspired earrings by Jubly-Umph
* owl pocket watch necklaces (our bestseller is back in stock)
* new Queen skirts (including a skirt that features a map of Fitzroy on it! Plus it's REVERSIBLE (other side a classic black)
* New Manque spotty halter tops and cute denim overalls
2. 'Where The Wild Things Are' has just started at cinemas and is definitely worth going to watch. The soundtrack alone is amazing! You can check screening times in Melbourne here.
3. Check out Miso's new Exhibition, 'Tchusse' at Gorker Gallery (finishes 20 Dec '09). Tchusse sees Miso condense her home city (Kharkov, Ukraine) into a single room, replicating street signs and buildings, clotheslines, portraits of strangers in the street, friends, family and folk stories.