Friday, July 10, 2009

Artist of the week: i like Kalliopi Handmade!!


A little about Kalliopi: "I have been making little objects since I was a kid. Now I am an architect who draws things that other people make. I also create little wearable objects that are graphic and unique. I wear a brooch nearly every day and I'm a big collector of little things. I collect new and vintage buttons, beads, pre-loved jewellery, guitar picks, other guitar parts, resin beads, plastic and wire. Everything is reused, recycled or reinvented. Each piece is as unique as possible."

You can find out more about Kalliopi on her blog Kalliopi Handmade.

[image above: grand piano on cream rhythm treble brooch. A cream toggle switch (used on electric guitars) with black text and a black grand piano cab on top. A bit of guitar and a bit of piano for you musical girls.]


[image above: red and blue rhythm treble brooch. A cream toggle switch (used on electric guitars) with black text with a red Jim Dunlop guitar pick placed off centre and a shiny blue button.]


[image above: black rose on wine red guitar pick brooch. This sweet little brooch consists of a black rose on a white button on a large red guitar pick. ]

No comments: